QuadGuard® crash cushions are available to shield hazards from 610mm to 3200mm wide, and for speeds from 40km/h to 120km/h. Each QuadGuard® System consists of crushable, energy-absorbing cartridges surrounded by a framework of exclusive steel Quad-Beam™ panels.
The QuadGuard® System has successfully passed the complete NCHRP 350 Test Level 2 & 3 test matrix. Higher speed units are available. During head-on design impacts, the QuadGuard® Systems telescope rearward and progressively crush the cartridges to absorb the energy of impact. When impacted from the side, the QuadGuard® System safely redirects the errant vehicle back toward its original path without gating. Fully-tested transition panels are available to all common guard rail profiles, concrete structures and temporary steel barriers.
Features & Benefits:
- Compliant to NCHRP350, AS/NZS 3845:1999
- Compact modular design
- 1-12 bays accommodates speeds up to 120km/h
- Able to shield hazards up to 3200mm wide
- Monorail base eliminates the need for anchoring chains
- Simplified backups - choose from Tension Strut or Concrete
- Multiple transitions available
- High efficiency 80% re-usability after most design impacts
- Relocatable QuadGuard® CZ systems available